There are various strategies for efficient house cleaning, so you should find the one which suits you best.
Here are some house cleaning tips and secrets from professional cleaners and hotel maids:
- Instead of cleaning your house room by room, try a task-based cleaning method. In other words, when dusting – do it all over the house. When hoovering – hoover the entire house. When washing the floors, wash them overall. This task-based cleaning strategy allows you to stay focused on a specific cleaning task, and will lead to a faster and more efficient overall house cleaning. True, this task based cleaning will probably require more walking around, but think of it as a healthy exercise.
- Start upstairs in the bathroom, where you can keep the cleaning supplies.
- Clean from the top and work down to the bottom. Also, clean from left to right. This will ensure that you clean even the highest shelves, the wardrobe top and will not miss a single surface in each room.
- Start with dusting, because while you are at it, there will likely be quite a bit of dust falling down on the floor. Remember to dust the top shelves, on top of doors, picture frames, etc.
- Once you are done with dusting everything in the house, go around and grab all bed sheets, pillow cases, remake the beds, collect the dirty towels and throw all in the laundry. Then go around and neaten the textile furniture, tidy up and arrange pillows and furniture covers. You can hoover your sofa and upholstered furniture.
- Now, use a microfiber cloth and distilled water to clean windows, mirrors, glass tables and surfaces.
- Next, move on to wiping and disinfecting (when necessary) of all surfaces. Remember to disinfect door knobs, remote controls, any control panels, light switches and other things which the fingers touch.
- You are now ready to deep clean the bathrooms and kitchen. Spray multi-purpose or homemade cleaner (water and white vinegar) on the sins, toilets, bathtubs, etc. let it sit. Wipe the doors of kitchen appliances, inside the microwave, and return to wash the bathroom.
- Hoover all carpets and rugs, and then proceed to wash the hard floors around the house.
Tips provided by “1st Professional carpet cleaning services in Bexley”.