Introduction to plant containers
You are probably living in the old age if you have no idea about the existence of plant containers. Gone are the days you needed a piece of land so that you can grow your preferred plants or flowers. With the emergence of plant containers such as smart pots, you are good to go even if you do not have sufficient land for growing or gardening purposes. It is common to find people with bags and boxes of plants or flowers on the walls of their homes and this has proven to be a very convenient, cheap and manageable in a lot of ways that nobody ever thought agriculture would come to be.
It is surprisingly evident that commercial agriculture is still evolving and methods of growing food are getting diverse each and every other day. So do not freak out if you would like to do some gardening and there is no available plot to do so, and this is because as long as you have the plant containers or the fabric grow bags then you are good to go. They come in many types and brands so it is up to you to choose the reliable ones.
Some plant containers are entirely breathable container like bags which are designed to hold in plants for a certain growing period. Such plant containers have proven to be reliable especially in the urban areas where there is no much space for gardening purposes, and for that they have come in handy for most people who have found purpose in growing stuff. The best thing about this type of container gardening is that it is compatible with almost all plants. They are designed in such a way that they aerate the roots of the plants to avoid stunted growth of the plant with the roots being able to spread out and take enough nutrients which in return facilitate fast growth of the plant in question.
There are many benefits that come with this type of gardening using plant containers and you will find them convincing enough. This is a method that has been tested and proved to be effective and for that reason there is no need to be left out when you know that you can practice gardening without necessarily doing it on bare land. These bags are economical, environmental friendly and easy to maintain them. They can be used for several seasons before you can think of replacing them. plant containers such as smart pots are therefore here to give you a chance to be a gardener, something that you thought you’d never get a shot at trying.
Benefits of using plant containers for gardening purposes
As mentioned earlier, plant containers such as smart pots give you a number of reasons as to why you can never go wrong with them. They have been scientifically proven to be reliable and a lot more important in a number of several ways of which we are going to look at one by one:
- They promote roots air pruning: there is a tendency of roots circling around each other when they are not in a breathable fabric especially in the nurseries. That is however not the case with some plant containers smart pots because they facilitate air pruning of the roots such that they do not hit rock bottom and lose direction. The light and air are responsible for pruning them such that they do not have to circle themselves which stresses out a plant when the roots cannot penetrate out of the walls of the fabric pot.
- Watering control: this is in sense that watering is brought under control which is not the case with other types of gardening where water tends to overflow and in the process drown the roots. Overwatering tends to cause pathogens, something that is not possible with the use of plant containers such as smart pots because they are porous to provide sufficient drainage. They enable you to save on water too because you do not overuse it.
- Root mass and structure is improved: with spread out roots, there is the tendency of taking in enough nutrients which are generally good for the plant. The structure is also improved with the many feeder roots which is also a bonus for fast growth of the plant.
- Root aeration and temperature regulation: with the breathable and porous fabric, there is guaranteed oxygen penetration which penetrates through all sides of the breathable plant containers and this is good for the roots of the plants because they thrive on oxygenation to benefit from the microbes in the surrounding soil. The breathable fabric or container facilitates cooling and this maintains the temperatures at low levels throughout.
- Plant containers are portable: these containers are portable or for a better word mobile such that you can store them for later use when you do not currently need them. Even when in use, you can easily move them around especially when you want them get exposed to the sunlight at certain angles.
- They can be used in hydro systems: this is proof that some of the plant containers especially the ones with breathable fabric such as the smart pots can make gardening or plant growing possible in areas that have been ruled out as not conducive for gardening purposes. In this case, hydro places are a non-factor because the breathable fabric is able to regulate the amount of water being retained in the container so that the plant or the root structure of the plant is not compromised in any way whatsoever.
On a conclusion note, it is worth sharing that when investing in planting containers you have to be specific and informed because not all types or brands offer the same results when it comes to gardening purposes. Not all fabrics are made of quality material nor are they all made to last for years and seasons so it is good to be informed before making any decision to purchase any of them.